Leading in Immunoglobulin Focused Excellence
What is the LIFE program?
LIFE is a program developed by Central New York Infusion Services, LLC to provide Immunoglobulin therapy in the home environment, utilizing specially trained clinicians and nationally recognized standards of practice Infusion Nurses Society (INS)
Who is involved in the LIFE Program?
All working together to provide Immunoglobulin therapy for patients with diagnoses such as:
- Clinical Pharmacists
- Certified Infusion Nurses
- Reimbursement Specialists
- Chronic Inflammatory Polyneuropathy
- Acute Inflammatory Polyneuropathy
- Miller Fisher Syndrome
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Guillain-Barré Syndrome
- NK cell suppression for recurrent spontaneous abortions
- Acute and Chronic Mononeuropathies
- Immune Disorders
- Primary Immune Deficiency Disorder
- Chronic Inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura
- Kidney Disease
How does a patient benefit from the LIFE program?
- Convenient-therapy is provided in the comfort of their home by specially trained infusion nurses.
- Eliminate office/hospital visits and travel.
- Avoid potential nosocomial infection.
- Flexible scheduling to accommodate a patient's lifestyle, reducing missed work/school
- Patients receive professional, individualized care.
- 24 hour access to our clinical staff of nurses and pharmacists.
- Prompt start of care.
- Treatment of diagnosis and symptom management.
How does the medical provider benefit from the LIFE program?
Our professional staff will provide you and your patient with:
- Individualized plan of care for each patient.
- Support and education on the ease and safety of home IVIG therapy.
- Clinical monitoring and assessment of patient response to therapy.
- Intravenous access with monitoring of catheter viability/potential complications.
- Routine patient follow-up and communication with the physician ensuring an efficient, prompt and appropriate delivery of healthcare.
- Immediate start of care.
- 24 hour availability/utilization of specially trained clinicians.
LIFE in action:
- Primary Physician identifies a patient's need and potential benefit from Immunoglobulin therapy, and contacts CNYIS with referral.
- In collaboration with the patient and Physician, CNYIS pre-qualifies the patient for IVIG therapy and establishes a plan of care specific to the health needs of the patient.
- Our Clinical Staff confirms prepares and administers immunoglobulin therapy as ordered. We collaborate regularly with Physicians and all LIFE team members to review patient progress throughout therapy.
For more information or to make a referral
Phone: (315) 424-7027 or 1-800-591-9232
Fax: (315) 424-7638