Curlin IV Pump
With soap and water for at least 15 seconds (sing Happy Birthday) and dry with paper towels.
- Locate battery door on back of pump.
- Insert coin into door notch, pushing down on release pin; slide door open in downward motion.
- Install two "V" batteries into pump and close door by sliding door back into place.
Loading IV tubing
- Fully open the door located on the top of the pump.
- Remove IV tubing from package and locate the Blue Tubing-Guide and Yellow Flow stop.
- Insert the Blue Tubing-Guide into the receptacle on the right side of the pump (look for the blue arrow).
- Twist tab off Yellow Flow-Stop.
- Insert Yellow Flow-Stop into the receptacle on the left side of the pump (look for the yellow arrow).
- Close pump door and latch it securely.
- Remove protective cap from spiked end of tubing.
- Push spiked end of tubing into IV bag using a twisting/pushing motion.
Yellow Flow - Stop
Blue Tubing - Guide
Priming IV Tubing/Starting Infusion:
- Turn pump on (locate ON/OFF button on the top left of keypad);
- Pump will sound 3 beeps and go through a series of self tests on the display screen.
- When pump has completed its self tests the pump then will display the following:
- ENTER TO SELECT
- Press the yellow YES button located on pump keypad to select "PROGRAM".
- The pump will then display the following:
- ENTER TO SELECT
- Press the yellow YES button located on the pump keypad to select "REPEAT RX".
- The pump will then run through its pre-programmed settings and will then display:
- RUN TO START
NO TO REVIEW
OPTIONS OR PRIME
- Press and release the PRIME/BOLUS button located at the lower right corner of pump keypad.
- Press and hold the PRIME/BOLUS button until tubing is completely filled with fluid.
- When priming is complete press YES button to exit PRIME screen.
- Scrub clave with alcohol prep pad (approx. 10-15 seconds)
- Flush IV catheter using Saline (see CNY Infusion Flushing Protocol)
- Connect IV tubing to clave and then Push the RUN/PAUSE button to start infusion.